How is it February already? We had a virus which first hit the household over a week ago and now we are finally all recovered. For some reason in this family it seems like we get sick one at a time, maybe that's a good thing though.
W has made more progress and is still enjoying set 1 & 2 of the BOB books by Bobby Lynn Maslen. I noticed on Amazon they have started selling the little booklets individually, although after the price of shipping I wonder if it is really worth it. I think after this we will try other books for early readers. We are currently beginning to research different curricula for kindergarten. W will be five next month.
February Fun Reading
Here are some books we are enjoying.
- The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting, illustrated by Jan Brett
- Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond
- The Three Questions by John J. Muth (based on a story by Leo Tolstoy)
- Sugar Snow by Laura Ingalls Wilder (My First Little House series)
- A Farmer Boy Birthday by Laura Ingalls Wilder (My First Little House series)
We have a small Valentine's party planned for our homeschool meetup group this week on Wednesday. Of course that is the only day that snow is in the forecast, ack. If the forecast is really terrible by Tuesday maybe I can see if Friday would work for everyone instead. We have fun craft activities (love "bug" creatures, foam Valentines and bookmarks, among other things) and I really hope the kids have fun with them. I am also going to make cupcakes, mmm... we will have some healthy snacks too though. ;) I am beginning to look forward to spring when snow won't be a worry. Next weekend we will all visit Grandma's house, W is very much looking forward to this.